Wednesday, May 09, 2007

aging

I will be 38 years old this year. My beautiful daughter will be 18 next month.

I am getting up there. Aging. Getting older. More mature. Ok, probably not that. I am pretty much who I am ever going to be... did that make sense? Not really, but whatever.

I do not actually worry too much about getting older. My mom tells me that each decade gets better and better. She is having a blast in her fifties!

I am getting 'life lines', a few real wrinkles (that pesky one between my brows!), my body has changed, and quite honestly I am having to pluck more often and in a wider range of areas than before!


I know, not attractive, not what you wanted to hear or know about me, but there it is!

I have been growing the natural colour back out in my hair. Apparently, my hair is a dark auburn. I did not remember that. It is also sprinkled in the crown with a little gray now.

I am ok with all of this. Really.

As long as I'm healthy, I am ok with all of this. And the McGriddles seem to be doing their job for me healthwise ... =)

My problem is this:

If I have to have the laugh lines, wrinkles, extra hair and body changes - why in the heck do I still have to put up with zits. Blemishes. My face breaking out??!?

It just doesn't seem fair.

3 comments:

MARFSBABY said...

I hate to tell you this my dear... but what if McGriddles are really zit factories disguised in maple-bacon-egg goodness?

Anonymous said...

I got through my teens with barely a blemish. Now that I am approaching 40? (and closer than you dear) it's like it's pay back time - I agree, not fair!!

KellyNerd said...

Marf: Um, sweetie, we are great friends but friends dont burst other friend's bubbles... =( Please please take it back about my beloved McGriddles! Please please please please!

Kathryn: Anything I try is making it worse right now... kinda looking a little yucky!