Thursday, August 23, 2007

and the award goes to my mom and my best friend ...

Words any girl is happy to hear and lucky enough to receive from her mom:

Please know that I am here and would be there on a moments notice.

Love you Mom

Simple, to the point, appreciated and noted.

Thanks mom


*******************************


An email exchange:

Re: I stink

I guess I had better clean up before you get here. I have been lazy on my couch for days, I cannot remember when I last washed my hair.

Brilliant response:

Re: Re: I stink

I won't care ... you once threw up on my feet, did not phase me a bit ...


Now that is the love of a best friend. Almost, just almost enough, to tear me away from the blog reading, soap operas, Ellen and self pity party and go upstairs and use some soap and maybe shampoo. Toothpaste would probably be a good idea too.

Almost

4 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

Stopping over from Caroline's blog, wanted to say HI :)

Anonymous said...

So glad you have a mother and a friend that care. It's good to hear our non-blogging buds are looking out for us too.

Anonymous said...

They sound like two great reasons to get off the couch. The good news is, I can't smell you from here. Did you already take a shower?

It is also good to note that even though you're not so much into loving yourself at this very moment, you are able to recognize those other people who love you.

Trée said...

You know, I could wash that hair for you. Would be no trouble at all. :-D